1.Candidates for the Certificate in Advanced Mental Disability Law Studies at New York Law School must earn at least 15 credits of approved course work.
2. Candidates must successfully complete the Survey of Mental Disability Law course in the first semester the course is offered after the candidate is admitted.
3. In addition, international candidates and candidates without J.D. degrees must successfully complete Introduction to American Law or its equivalent, unless they have demonstrated proficiency in the study of American law or successfully completed equivalent course work.
4. Candidates who have successfully completed previous course work prior to spring 2009, either in the Online Mental Disability Law Program or in identical or analogous predecessor courses offered by New York Law School prior to the creation of the Online Mental Disability Law Program, may apply some or all of these credits towards the Certificate. If candidates have earned nine or more credits in previous course work, then they must also successfully complete two elective courses in order to receive the Certificate.
5. Candidates who have successfully completed previous course work after spring 2009 as a New York Law School J.D. student, or as a nonmatriculated student, either in the Online Mental Disability Law Program, as a visiting student at New York Law School, or at one of the program’s partnership schools, may apply a maximum of nine credits or three courses towards the Certificate.
6. To receive the Certificate, a candidate must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
7. The requirements for the Certificate in Advanced Mental Disability Law Studies and all New York Law School and program policies are subject to change without notice. Candidates for the Certificate in Advanced Mental Disability Law Studies must satisfy any other requirements for the Certificate that are in force when it is awarded.
CLE Credits for Members of the New York Bar
New York Law School is a certified CLE provider for New York State. Courses in the Online Mental Disability Law Program may be used to satisfy New York State CLE requirements. Upon successful completion of a course, 42 CLE credits may be awarded. Distribution of CLE credits is determined by the course content.