The mission of the New York Law School Alumni Association (“NYLS AA”) is to support and promote New York Law School, its students and alumni by:
- Collaborating with the Law School on events and initiatives to recruit students and engage alumni.
- Mentoring students and recent graduates on professional development, and
- Providing financial support to the Law School.
NYLS AA membership extends to all graduates of the Law School. The NYLS AA seeks a
talented and diverse group of alumni to serve on its Board of Directors and, in that capacity, to dedicate substantive time and effort in a leadership role to further the NYLS AA’s mission.
Term of Service
Directors are elected to an initial term of one year and may be eligible thereafter for reelection to
a term of two years. There is no stated term limit.
Directors must be a NYLS AA member and have demonstrated:
- An ongoing commitment to the Law School.
- Active involvement in Law School and NYLS AA activities, and
- A high standard of professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Director include:
- Attendance at all NYLS AA Board meetings, which may be by telephone but preferably in-person. Board meetings are held in the evening at the Law School and are typically scheduled for September, November, February and June.
- Attendance at the NYLS AA Annual Meeting, which is held at the Law School, typically on the Saturday morning of Reunion Weekend in April.
- Participation in events and activities sponsored by the Law School or the NYLS AA.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for the Law School.
- Serve as a resource for the Law School community, including faculty, administration,staff, students and alumni, on matters within the Director’s skill set, experience and expertise.
- Provide advice, support and feedback to the Law School on implementation of the
- Strategic Plan and on other matters related to increasing Alumni engagement and enhancing the Law School’s visibility and reputation; and
- Providing financial support to the Law School at a minimum level of $100 per year.
September 2016 – June 2017
The New York Law School Alumni Association (“NYLS AA”) Board of Directors will meet at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room on the second floor of New York Law School, 185 West Broadway, New York, NY, on the following dates:
Tuesday September 13, 2016
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
All Alumni of New York Law School are welcome to attend Board of Directors Meetings. In accordance with its bylaws, the New York Law School Alumni Association held its annual meeting of the membership on April 25, 2015, where a slate of nominated officers for one and two-year terms was voted on. Below is the resulting list of the New York Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors effective July 1, 2015.
|Hon. Marc J. Whiten ’84||President|
|Alesha Brown ’12||Vice President|
|Pierre Ciric ’09||Vice President|
|Rory Clark ’08||Vice President|
|Steven Interrante ’13||Treasurer|
|Jarrod Perry ’11||Secretary|
Directors Renewed to 2017
|Hon. Anthony J. Cannataro||1996|
|Lev J. Ekster||2009|
|Susan J. Flynn-Hollander||1985|
|Linda S. Green||2004|
|Jeffrey W. Halbreich||1966|
|Alyssa J. Held-Honig||1994|
|Jeremy E. Hollander||2005|
|James P. Pagano||1975|
|Nadine C. Johnson||1992|
|Jesse L. Kearney||2014|
|Heather K. Leifer||2004, 2012|
|Kira L. Polner||2000|
Directors Renewed to 2018
|A. Manny Alicandro||2012|
|E. Drew Britcher||1984|
|Chloe A. Aquart-Mentar||2013|
|Margaret T. Ling||1983|
|Dr. James Major||2011|
|Guy R. Vitacco, Jr.||1988|
Incoming Directors to 2017
|Johnny Thomas Vasser Jr.||2011|
|Paul L. Porretta||1995 2013-2015|
|Steven B. Shapiro||1984 2010-2013|
|John J. Reddy, Jr.||1979 2007-2010|
|Edward H. Held||1966 2005-2007|
|Telesforo Del Valle, Jr.||1982 2004-2005|
|Lawrence H. Silverman||1977 2002-2004|
|David W. Shipper||1982 1999-2002|
|Martin A. Danoff||1960 1997-1999|
|Basil F. O’Connor||1975 1995-1997|
|Kathleen Grimm||1980 1993-1995|
|Frank Irizarry||1978 1991-1993|
|Stanley B. Doyle, Jr.||1949 1989-1991|
|Hon. Ernst H. Rosenberger||1958|
|Richard M. Flynn||1957|
|Hon. Francis T. Murphy||1952|
|Martin L. Baron||1955|
|Charles M. Balisteri||1977|
|Dr. Lisa Judy Chin||1996|
|Hon. Manuel P. Confresi|
|Peachetta S. deFreitas||1993|
|Hon. Benjamin A. Gilman||1950|
|Steven S. Greenberg||1971|
|Michael T. Hourihan||1980|
|Hon. Joseph M. Lauria||1972|
|Harris Gordon Miller||1982|
|Zuhayr A. Moghrabi|
|Jason A. Oshins||1991|
|Sherwood A. Salvan||1969|
|Eric M. Yee||1995|