Job Listings for Alumni
The Office of Career Planning posts job listings for graduates on Symplicity. To sign up for a free Symplicity account, e-mail your (1) name and (2) graduation year, with the subject line “Login Information for Symplicity,” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office will create an account for you and send you a password.
Print and Online Resources
Career Planning has both print and online resources for alumni to utilize in their job searches and throughout their careers. Visit the office during regular business hours to use the print library resources and click on the links below for following Job Search Guides:
- Alumni Resume Guide Fall 2013
- Alumni Cover Letter Guide June 2013
- Top Job Search Sites
- 10 Tips for Starting Your Postgraduate Job Search
- Bar Associations
- Temporary/Contract Recruiters and Agencies
- Recruiters for Permanent Legal Positions
The following Tip Sheets are available in the Symplicity Document Library:
- Informational Interviewing 101
- Interviewing Guide
- Resources for Selecting a Career Path and Job Search Strategy
- Resources for Researching Employers
- Practice Area Resource Guide
- Links to webinars on topics such as: job searching tips, interviewing skills, networking, using LinkedIn, and salary negotiation
Throughout the year the Office of Career Planning hosts programming specifically for alumni. Programs include networking forums, job search panels, mentor meetups, and informational presentations. Recognizing that timing and travel are an issue for some, we have and will continue to conduct programming via webinar and/or prerecorded video so that they can be viewed at any time. If you are interested in getting involved in these events, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are job searching in another part of the country, New York Law School may be able to help you obtain reciprocity to utilize another law school’s career office in the region in which you are relocating for a period of up to three months. Reciprocity allows law schools to provide reasonable access to their career resources for graduates and students from other law schools that agree to provide similar services. The exact services provided may vary at different law schools, but often include access to the law schools’ internal job boards. To request reciprocity with an out-of-state career office, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.