The NYLS Alumni Circle is a network of NYLS alumni at small and mid-sized law firms and companies who continue the NYLS legacy through training its future lawyers and providing meaningful and fairly compensated career opportunities to its students. In appreciation of their commitment, NYLS offers members of the NYLS Alumni Circle and their employers many benefits, including special offers on CLEs, alumni events, and exclusive networking opportunities.
NYLS Alumni Circle members’ commitment:
- Participation in the NYLS Spring Recruitment Program with the goal of hiring at least one NYLS student (1L or 2L) for a paid summer internship position.
- To register as an employer for Spring Recruitment, click here.
NYLS Alumni Circle Benefits:
- Free and reduced cost CLE programs
- Reduced admission cost on selected alumni events
- Exclusive networking opportunities with other NYLS Alumni Circle members
Explanation of Benefits:
To take advantage of the benefits listed below, each law firm or company that participates in the NYLS Alumni Circle Program must: (1) hire at least one 1L or 2L NYLS student for a summer internship; and (2) offer a paid position with minimum requirements of $15 an hour, at least 35 hours a week, for 8 weeks.
Special CLE Offers:
- Each NYLS Alumni Circle member at a participating law firm or company is entitled to 1 year of unlimited CLE courses through www.Lawline.com at a discounted rate of $199 (regular rate: $299, a savings of $100/attorney). Discounted rate applies to new and existing subscribers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special link to register with Lawline.com.
- Members of the NYLS Alumni Circle can choose from many free CLE programs at NYLS, and qualify for up to 50% off on selected CLE events. Please view the upcoming CLE programs here and contact CLE@nyls.edu for special rates.
Special Rates on Alumni Events:
- Members of the NYLS Alumni Circle are eligible to receive up to 50% off on selected alumni events. Please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement to learn about upcoming events and available offers at email@example.com.
Join an Exclusive Network:
- Members of the NYLS Alumni Circle join an exclusive network of committed, loyal and passionate NYLS alumni, who understand the importance of building professional relationships. Through this virtual network and on-line database, members of the NYLS Alumni Circle can share advice and resources, give and receive client referrals, and arrange for in-person networking opportunities.
- Members of the NYLS Alumni Circle are welcome to audit classes they may be interested in free of charge. This is a great way to broaden one’s knowledge base and focus on a specific area of law. Please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the NYLS Alumni Circle, its benefits, or your participation, please email Irina Gomelskaya, Senior Director of Employer and Alumni Relations, at Irina.Gomelskaya@nyls.edu or call her at 212.431.2390.