How to Legally Raise Equity Capital for Your Startup
- Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Time: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Location: New York Law School, 185 West Broadway (W-320), New York, NY 10013
- CLE: 1.0 credit in Professional Practice (at no cost) for newly-admitted and experienced lawyers.
- Co-sponsor: NYLS Center for International Law
- RSVP: Please click here.
Travis L. Gering is a Partner at Wuersch & Gering. His practice focuses on international corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced in the corporate department of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson in New York, served as in-house counsel to a NASDAQ-listed company, and also served as Chairman of a FINRA-registered broker dealer.
Deal School Transactional Lunch Workshop:
Artificial Intelligence and Corporate Legal Practice
- Date: October 16, 2017
- Time: 12:45 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
- Location: W-A10
- Lunch: Will be provided for free
- RSVP: Please click here. (This lunch lecture is for New York Law School students only.)
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are transforming corporate legal practice, and familiarity with these cutting-edge technologies is increasingly important in legal settings. Charles Michael Post ’10, an expert in this emerging field, will walk through use cases of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and contract life-cycle management.
Charles Michael Post ’10 works at the Bank of New York Mellon; he is a Managing Counsel and Director of the bank’s Investment Services and Markets businesses. He is also the Legal Lead of one the firm’s largest financial technology projects: the development of an artificially intelligent legal agreement repository.