The Compliance Working Group is a collaborative effort between New York Law School students and alumni. Its goal is to promote employment in compliance through projects that foster the sharing of knowledge, networking, and constructive feedback among members.
- Rebecca Rossel ’05
- Nicholas Turner ’12
- Nicholas Ryan (3L)
- Meaghan Keating (2L Evening Division)
Connect with the Compliance Working Group and get more information at the Group’s Linkedin page.
Watch online: “Careers in Compliance” Panel
The Compliance Working Group and the Center for Business and Financial Law hosted a “Careers in Compliance” panel on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at New York Law School. Click here to see video of the event.
The Compliance Working Group would like to thank our panelists, Stacie Large ’12, Brian Volkman ’98, and Matthew Pizzo ’11, for providing NYLS students with valuable advice and insight into their compliance careers. A special thank you goes to Prof. Meyers for moderating the event, and Prof. Shadab and the Center for Business and Financial Law.
January 2013 Networking Reception
It was a huge success, and we were thrilled to see so many students and alumni connecting. A special thank you goes to Dean Crowell, Prof. Shadab, and the staff of Alumni Relations and Career Services for helping organize the event.
February 2014 Networking Reception
Thanks to everyone who attended our second annual student-alumni networking reception at New York Law School on February 27, 2014, in the Grand Gallery. We had a great turnout with lots of students and alumni. A special thanks goes to the Center for Business and Financial Law for their very generous logistical and financial support for the event!
Do you want to learn more about regulation and compliance? Are you looking for the latest updates on the field? Try the following resources.
- Financial Law Updates (a project of New York Law School)
- ComplianceX - Compliance and Regulatory News
- FINS.com and FINS Morning Coffee
- Corporate Compliance Insights
- POLITICO Morning Money - daily financial and political email brief
- PLI daily news brief by SmartBrief
Manuals and Guidance
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) BSA/AML Examination Manual
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Examination Manual
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Department of Justice (DOJ) Guide to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Please check here again for upcoming events.
2013 Co-Chairs Report
Thank you to everyone who helped make our first seven months a big success. Click here to read the 2012/13 Compliance Working Group Co-Chairs’ report, which includes a summary of our accomplishments and plans for the upcoming year, including a proposed calendar of events.