Deal School is the Center for Business and Financial Law’s project that promotes transactional law education and skills.
Deal School’s mission is supported by New York Law School’s wide variety of courses that focus on transactional topics such as drafting, negotiation, the life-cycle of a business deal, and contract design, including:
- Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up Business and Venture Capital
- Corporate Practice Skills
- Drafting: Contracts
- Drafting: Corporate Documents
- Drafting: Commercial Finance
- Drafting: General Principles
- Drafting: Real Estate Documents
- Drafting Workshop: Commercial Development Contracts
- Drafting Workshop: Partnership & LLC Documents
- Drafting Workshop: Sale-Leaseback Transactions
- Transactional Law Clinic: Seminar
Outside of the classroom, Deal School sponsors a lunchtime workshop series led by distinguished New York Law School alumni that discuss particular typs of deals, agreements, and careers in transactional law.
The CBFL will also sponsor students for the National Transactional LawMeet competition. In the Fall of 2012, a team of New York Law School students ranked 2nd in negotiation and 3rd in drafting in the Intellectual Property Transactional LawMeet.