Breakfasts are held six times a year and feature prominent speakers who discuss current government and political issues. These events are free, open to the public, and broadcast by Crosswalks cable television throughout the five boroughs.
Says the Huffington Post:
“Ross Sandler, a NY Law School professor, is the breakfast host. His breakfast event is the closest thing to a successor to the long-lamented City Club of New York, which played a significant role in the City of New York for more than 100 years, including in the fiscal crisis and then the mayoralty of the late Ed Koch. A moment of respectful silence for the loss of a great mayor… and another for the demise of the City Club.”
Breakfast sponsors include Consolidated Edison, Verizon, and Greenberg Traurig.
Upcoming Events to be announced
Tuesday, June 2, 2015 – CityLaw Breakfast- featuring Mark G. Peters, Commissioner, Department of Investigation speaking on “Legacy & Reform: DOI’s Role in City Government”.
All CityLaw Breakfast events are held in New York Law School’s Events Center at 185 West Broadway, from 8:15 to 9:30 a.m.
Join our mailing list to receive these event invitations by e-mail.
- Friday, May 1, 2015 – CityLaw 20th Anniversary – featuring NYC Law Department Corporation Counsels Past and Present, Zachary Carter, Michael Cardozo and Paul Crotty. Watch here.
- On Friday, April 10, 2015, Melissa Mark-Viverito, Speaker, New York City Council, addressed the need for criminal justice reform in New York City, calling for an expansion of desk appearance tickets and a public bail assistance fund for low-level nonviolent offenders, rather than incarceration. Watch video.
- On Friday, February 20, 2015, Meera Joshi, Commissioner, Taxi and Limousine Commission.The chairwoman addressed TLC’s role in regulating the taxi and fore-hire vehicle industry and spoke at length about industry changes brought on by private for-hire vehicle companies such as Uber and Lyft. Watch video.
- On Friday, January 23, 2015, Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York spoke at length about the necessity for public vigilance against public corruption. Photos here. Watch video.
- On Friday, November 21, 2014, Thomas Prendergast,Chairman, Metropolitan Transportation Authority spoke about the “MTA Capital Program” Watch here.
- CityLaw Breakfast Series on Friday, October 31st featuring Robert Linn, Commissioner of the Office of Labor Relations. Watch here.
- CityLaw Breakfast Series on Friday, September 5, 2014 featured the Chair of the NYC Planning Commission, Carl Weisbrod. Watch here.
- CityLaw Breakfast Series on Friday, May 9, 2014 featured Department of Investigation Commissioner, Mark Peters. Watch here.
- On Friday, April 11, 2014, Zachary Carter, Corporation Counsel for the City of New York spoke on “The Law Department- Future Plans” Click here to watch.
- On Thursday, November 21, 2013, Patrick Foye, Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spoke on “Infrastructure and Public/Private Partnerships: ‘Bridging’ the Gap.” Click here to watch.
- On Friday, October 18, 2013, Former Judge Judith S. Kaye spoke at City Law Breakfast about “Keeping Kids in School and Out of Court.” Her full talk and Q&A can be heard here.
- On February 15, 2013, Christine C. Quinn, Speaker of the New York City Council, addressed the crowd. Her full talk and audience Q&A is available to stream online.
- On January 25, 2013, Seth W. Pinsky, President of the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), spoke about “Growing New York City’s Economy.” Footage from his talk can be streamed online.
Click to our video archive page for more.