Breakfasts are held six times a year and feature prominent speakers who discuss current government and political issues. These events are free, open to the public, and broadcast by Crosswalks cable television throughout the five boroughs. Says the Huffington Post:
“Ross Sandler, a NY Law School professor, is the breakfast host. His breakfast event is the closest thing to a successor to the long-lamented City Club of New York, which played a significant role in the City of New York for more than 100 years, including in the fiscal crisis and then the mayoralty of the late Ed Koch. A moment of respectful silence for the loss of a great mayor… and another for the demise of the City Club.”
Breakfast sponsors include Consolidated Edison, Verizon, and Greenberg Traurig.
CityLaw Breakfast Schedule
Friday, October 7, 2016 – William J. Bratton, former NYC Police Commissioner. RSVP here.
Friday, November 18, 2016 – Letitia James, Public Advocate
- Friday, September 16, 2016 – Joseph Ponte, Commissioner, NYC Department of Correction. Speaking on “Reform at Rikers: Creating a Culture of Safety at the New York City Department of Correction.” Watch here.
- Friday, August 19, 2016 – Dr. Mary Bassett, Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Speaking on “The Zika Virus.” Watch video here.
- Thursday, May 26, 2016 – Errol Louis, Host, Inside City Hall spoke on Civic Leadership. Watch video here.
- Friday, April 29, 2016 – Robert Capers, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District spoke on “Building Bridges to the Community.” Watch video here.
- Friday, March 18, 2016 – Shola Olatoye, NYCHA Chair and CEO spoke on “Next Generation NYCHA” Watch video here.
- Friday, January 28, 2016 – Eva Moskowitz, Founder, CEO Success Academy Charter Schools spoke on “The Fight for Educational Justice.” Watch video here.
Click to our video archive page for more.