Breakfasts are held six times a year and feature prominent speakers who discuss current government and political issues. These events are free, open to the public, and broadcast by Crosswalks cable television throughout the five boroughs. Says the Huffington Post:
“Ross Sandler, a NY Law School professor, is the breakfast host. His breakfast event is the closest thing to a successor to the long-lamented City Club of New York, which played a significant role in the City of New York for more than 100 years, including in the fiscal crisis and then the mayoralty of the late Ed Koch. A moment of respectful silence for the loss of a great mayor… and another for the demise of the City Club.”
Breakfast sponsors include Consolidated Edison, Verizon, and Greenberg Traurig.
CityLaw Breakfast Schedule
Friday, February 10, 2017- Fidel Del Valle, Commissioner, and Chief Judge, Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH).
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 – Michael Horodniceanu, President, MTA Capital Construction Co. -“Building Mega-Projects: Lessons from the Second Avenue Subway.”
Friday, April 21, 2017 – John Miller, Deputy Commissioner NYPD – “Intelligence and Counterterrorism.”
Friday, May 5, 2017 – Civic Fame Awards Presentation Breakfast
- Friday, December 16, 2016 – Steven Banks, Commissioner, Department of Social Services, spoke on “Poverty and Homelessness in New York City”. Watch here.
- Friday, November 18, 2016 – Letitia James, Public Advocate for the City of New York, laid out the efforts and focus of her office going forward, including foster care and homeless issues with youth in the City. Watch here.
- Friday, October 7, 2016 – William J. Bratton, Former, NYC Police Commissioner, discussed the evolution of policing in America over the past 50 years. Watch here.
- Friday, September 16, 2016 – Joseph Ponte, Commissioner, NYC Department of Correction. Speaking on “Reform at Rikers: Creating a Culture of Safety at the New York City Department of Correction.” Watch here.
- Friday, August 19, 2016 – Dr. Mary Bassett, Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Speaking on “The Zika Virus.” Watch video here.
- Thursday, May 26, 2016 – Errol Louis, Host, Inside City Hall spoke on Civic Leadership. Watch video here.
- Friday, April 29, 2016 – Robert Capers, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District spoke on “Building Bridges to the Community.” Watch video here.
- Friday, March 18, 2016 – Shola Olatoye, NYCHA Chair and CEO spoke on “Next Generation NYCHA” Watch video here.
- Friday, January 28, 2016 – Eva Moskowitz, Founder, CEO Success Academy Charter Schools spoke on “The Fight for Educational Justice.” Watch video here.
Click to our video archive page for more.