Breakfasts are held six times a year and feature prominent speakers who discuss current government and political issues. These events are free, open to the public, and broadcast by Crosswalks cable television throughout the five boroughs.
Says the Huffington Post:
“Ross Sandler, a NY Law School professor, is the breakfast host. His breakfast event is the closest thing to a successor to the long-lamented City Club of New York, which played a significant role in the City of New York for more than 100 years, including in the fiscal crisis and then the mayoralty of the late Ed Koch. A moment of respectful silence for the loss of a great mayor… and another for the demise of the City Club.”
Breakfast sponsors include Consolidated Edison, Verizon, and Greenberg Traurig.
CityLaw Breakfast Series on Friday, October 31st, 2014 featuring Robert Linn, Commissioner of the Office of Labor Relations. Click here to RSVP
All CityLaw Breakfast events are held in New York Law School’s Events Center at 185 West Broadway, from 8:15 to 9:30 a.m.
Join our mailing list to receive these event invitations by e-mail.
- CityLaw Breakfast Series on Friday, May 9, 2014 featured Department of Investigation Commissioner, Mark Peters. Watch here.
- On Friday, April 11, 2014, Zachary Carter, Corporation Counsel for the City of New York spoke on “The Law Department- Future Plans” Click here to watch.
- On Thursday, November 21, 2013, Patrick Foye, Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spoke on “Infrastructure and Public/Private Partnerships: ‘Bridging’ the Gap.” Click here to watch.
- On Friday, October 18, 2013, Former Judge Judith S. Kaye spoke at City Law Breakfast about “Keeping Kids in School and Out of Court.” Her full talk and Q&A can be heard here.
- On February 15, 2013, Christine C. Quinn, Speaker of the New York City Council, addressed the crowd. Her full talk and audience Q&A is available to stream online.
- On January 25, 2013, Seth W. Pinsky, President of the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), spoke about “Growing New York City’s Economy.” Footage from his talk can be streamed online.
- On November 9, 2012, NYC Health Commissioner Thomas Farley, M.D., M.P.H., addressed the topic “Using Policy to Promote Heath in the Bloomberg Administration.” His full talk is available to stream online.
Click to our video archive page for more.