Breakfasts are held six times a year and feature prominent speakers who discuss current government and political issues. These events are free, open to the public, and broadcast by Crosswalks cable television throughout the five boroughs. Says the Huffington Post:
“Ross Sandler, a NY Law School professor, is the breakfast host. His breakfast event is the closest thing to a successor to the long-lamented City Club of New York, which played a significant role in the City of New York for more than 100 years, including in the fiscal crisis and then the mayoralty of the late Ed Koch. A moment of respectful silence for the loss of a great mayor… and another for the demise of the City Club.”
Breakfast sponsors include Consolidated Edison, Verizon, and Greenberg Traurig.
CityLaw Breakfast Schedule
Friday, August 25 – Carmen Fariña, Chancellor, New York City Department of Education. To RSVP for this event, click here.
Thursday, September 28 – Polly Trottenberg, Commissioner, New York City Department of Transportation
Friday, October 13 – Anthony Shorris, First Deputy Mayor, City of New York
Friday, November 3 – Lorraine Grillo, President, New York City School Construction Authority
- Friday, May 5, 2017 – Civic Fame Awards Presentation Breakfast Watch here.
- Friday, April 21, 2017 – John J. Miller, Deputy Commissioner, Intelligence and Counterterrorism NYPD spoke on his now infamous interview with Osama Bin Laden in 1998 as a senior correspondent for CBS News.
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 – Michael Horodniceanu, President, MTA Capital Construction Co. spoke on “Building Mega-Projects: Lessons from the Second Avenue Subway.” Watch here.
- Friday, February 10, 2017 – Fidel Del Valle, Commissioner and Chief Judge of the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH), spoke on “Reforming OATH: Providing Fairness and Justice.” Watch here.
- Friday, December 16, 2016 – Steven Banks, Commissioner, Department of Social Services, spoke on “Poverty and Homelessness in New York City”. Watch here.
- Friday, November 18, 2016 – Letitia James, Public Advocate for the City of New York, laid out the efforts and focus of her office going forward, including foster care and homeless issues with youth in the City. Watch here.
- Friday, October 7, 2016 – William J. Bratton, Former, NYC Police Commissioner, discussed the evolution of policing in America over the past 50 years. Watch here.
- Friday, September 16, 2016 – Joseph Ponte, Commissioner, NYC Department of Correction. Speaking on “Reform at Rikers: Creating a Culture of Safety at the New York City Department of Correction.” Watch here.
Click to our video archive page for more.