The Diane Abbey Law Center for Children and Families hosts and sponsors conferences and trainings in the broad field of family law-related law and policy throughout the year. Below is a list of events scheduled during the 2013-14 school year. Please feel free to contact the Abbey Center for more information at 212.431.2351 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
- September 27, 2013: Welcome Back social event (4 pm – 9 pm)
- October 2, 2013: All Together Now! Improving Outcomes for Children and Families Through Collective Impact (9:00 am – 3:30 pm), sponsored by the New York State Unified Court System Child Welfare Court Improvement Project, Casey Family Programs, and the New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- October 18, 2013: New York City Leadership Summit on School-Justice Partnerships: Keeping Kids in School and Out of Court (8:30 am – 4:30 pm), sponsored by the New York State Permanent Judicial Commission on Justice for Children, in partnership with the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, with funding from the Atlantic Philanthropies and the New York State Juvenile Justice Advisory Group, and hosted by the Abbey Center, the Justice Action Center and the Racial Justice Project at NYLS. Click here for a JustFamilies.org article about this event.
- October 23, 2013: The Intersection between Domestic Violence and Family Law (7:00 pm – 9:00 pm), sponsored by the NYLS Domestic Violence Project and CLS, LALSA, Outlaws, APALSA, and ILSA
- November 6, 2013: Public Interest and Government Networking Forum (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm), cosponsored by the Center for New York City Law, the Diane Abbey Law Center for Children and Families, the Justice Action Center, and the Office of Career Planning
- November 13, 2013: Aligning Federal Financing of Child Welfare to Support Better Outcomes for New York: The Urgent Need for Reform (2:00 pm – 4:30 pm), sponsored by Graham Windham, Casey Family Programs, the Council of Family and Child Caring Agencies (COFCCA), Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York and the New York City Bar Association Council on Children
- March 7, 2014: Eleventh Annual Adoption Policy Conference, cosponsored by the Abbey Center with the Center for Adoption Policy
- March 14, 2014: Disproportionate Minority Representation in the Child Welfare System, a conference organized by the New York City Family Courts and the Child Welfare Court Improvement Project and hosted by the Abbey Center
- April 23, 2014: Capstone Presentations by members of the graduating Abbey Center associate class, to be announced
Please be in touch if you have an idea for a conference that you would like to share with the Abbey Center and New York Law School.