New York Law School strives to foster a vibrant intellectual community where research, ideas, and scholarship are supported, embraced, and shared with the NYLS community and broader legal academy. Our state-of-the-art campus provides a podium for our accomplished faculty and leaders from the legal profession to enrich the School’s academic life, hosting many workshops on scholarship and pedagogy, annual symposia, and guest speaker series. Some annual events include:
- The Clinical Theory Workshops: Professor Stephen Ellmann, Director of the Office of Clinical and Experiential Learning, Chair
- Global Law and Justice Colloquium: Ruti Teitel, Ernst C. Stiefel Professor of Comparative Law, Chair
- Faculty/Student Presentation Day: Professor Stephen Ellmann, Director of the Office of Clinical and Experiential Learning and Professor Frank Munger, co-organizers
- The Law, Society and History Colloquium: Professor Frank Munger, Chair
- Pedagogy Discussion Group: Professor Stephen Ellmann, Director of the Office of Clinical and Experiential Learning and Professor Anne Goldstein, Director of Legal Practice
- Tuesday Scholarship Luncheons: Organized and chaired by members of the Faculty Workshops Committee.
- The South Africa Reading Group: Organized by Professor Stephen Ellmann (New York Law School) and Penelope Andrews, Dean and President (Albany Law School)