There are many ways to get involved with the Institute and our Faculty, both in and outside of the classroom.
You have the chance to drive the innovation agenda at NYLS through the following opportunities:
- Competing for awards and scholarships in the IP field, including in entertainment, music, and fashion law;
- Earning a certificate for excellence at graduation by specializing in one of several subspecialties, including Privacy and Data, Entrepreneurship, Patent Law, and Intellectual Property;
- Publishing case alerts and white papers on cases of first impression on law and technology in the federal courts;
- Meeting leading practitioners, policy makers, and academics in IP and privacy;
- Applying to join the Innovation Scholars program, a paid fellowship for students to help lead the Innovation Center;
- Completing a capstone project that makes a difference in the community;
- Improving the public’s understanding of privacy and data tracking by educating secondary school students and parents;
- Planning a panel or conference on a particular area of interest to you; and
- Networking with practicing professionals and meeting distinguished alumni through our Master Class and Innovation Fellows program.
This non-exhaustive list includes just some of the programs and opportunities we offer.