The Annual Social Justice Symposium
The Justice Action Center sponsors symposia on a variety of social justice law topics. Click on the titles below for information on event speakers, topics, publications, and audio or video links:
- Innovations in the Fight against Human Trafficking: Advocates’ Perspectives and Proposals (2014–15 Symposium)
- Remembering the Dream, Renewing the Dream (2013–14 Symposium)
- Freedom of Choice at the End of Life: Patients’ Rights in a Shifting Legal and Political Landscape (2012–13 Symposium)
- Ripples of Injustice: The Impact of Criminal Justice Policies on Minority Communities (2011–12 Symposium, Spring)
- Civil Liberties Ten Years After 9/11 (2011–12 Symposium, Autumn)
- Challenging the School-to-Prison Pipeline (2008–09 Symposium)
- The Community Reinvestment Act: Still Relevant at 30? (2007–08 Symposium)
- Seeking Review: Immigration Law and Federal Court Jurisdiction (2005–06 Symposium)
- Next Wave Organizing Conference (2004–05 Symposium)
- Brown Is Dead? Long Live Brown! A Commemorative Symposium on the Influence of Brown v. Board of Education on Lawyers and the Law (2003–04 Symposium)
The Annual Adoption Conference
The Justice Action Center is proud to have been a sponsor of an annual conference on adoption law and policy cosponsored with the Center for Adoption Policy. The first annual conference took place at New York Law School in the spring of 2004, with the Justice Action Center and the Center for Adoption Policy as its sponsors. The Diane Abbey Law Center for Children and Families was created at New York Law School in 2011 and immediately joined as cosponsor of the adoption conference, then in its eight year. Beginning with the 2013 conference, the Diane Abbey Law Center became New York Law School’s primary institutional sponsor alongside the Center for Adoption Policy.
For information on past and future conferences, please visit the Diane Abbey Law Center website.
The Denise Morgan Memorial Scholarship Symposium
In the spring of 2007, the Justice Action Center held a special memorial conference honoring Professor Denise C. Morgan, a leading member of the New York Law School community, who passed away on April 7, 2006. For a list of speakers and topics, please click here.