How do I access a LexisNexis Web Course?
Lexis activation codes are handed out during the Library tour portion of Advance Week. If you need a Lexis activation code, please contact the Reference Desk.
1. Open your Internet browser.
2. In the Location or Address field type: http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/webcourses/
3. Sign on with your LexisNexis Custom ID and password.
4. Click on the grey Web Courses tab at the top of the screen. At the LexisNexis Web Courses page, click the Launch Web Course button.
To Enroll in a Course
1. Click on the Courses tab at the top of the screen
2. Click on the Browse Course Catalog link.
> Click on the New York Law School link.
> Click the Enroll button for the Course Name in which you wish to enroll.
Note: If your course requires an access password and you were preregistered for this class, it will be emailed to your NYLS address. Otherwise, please contact the faculty member’s faculty assistant.
Entering a Course
1. Point your browser to: http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/webcourses/
2. Sign on with your LexisNexis custom ID and password.
3. Click on the grey Web Courses tab at the top of the screen. At the LexisNexis Web Courses page, click the Launch Web Course button. (It is important that all pop up blocking programs be turned off, otherwise you will not be able to access webcourses.)
> Under My Courses, All the classes you have enrolled in successfully will show up on the right side of the page.
4. Click the link of your selected class.
Set up Email Notifications
You can be alerted via email whenever new content is posted to your LexisNexis webcourse.
1. When signed into a webcourse, click on the Tools button
2. Click on Notification.
3. Click on Set Notifications for this course and select which you’d like. Click Submit to accept.
4. Click on Notification Options. Under Method of Notification type in the email address you’d like it sent to.