Academic Planning and Career Development: A Professional Office
The Office of Academic Planning and Career Development offers a wide range of programs, resources, and support to students in identifying and obtaining a career that meets their goals intellectually, financially, and emotionally. Staff counselors provide individual counseling to help students develop career interests and goals, draft résumés and cover letters, formulate job search strategies, and learn interviewing techniques, networking, and other related skills. In addition, the office works closely with our many alumni to foster relationships and provide opportunities for our students.
Symplicity: A Career Development and Job Search Tool
Viewing summer, part-time, or postgraduate positions is as easy as using your NYLS student ID to log onto Symplicity (use button on left)—a job database system that allows you to:
- Scan new job listings and schedule on-campus interviews;
- Receive daily Office of Career Planning announcements on your home page;
- Upload your résumé, cover letters, and unofficial transcripts for submission to employer listings;
- Receive automatic alerts when a posted job fits your search criteria; and
- Stay updated on all Career Planning events
If you need assistance with logging into your Symplicity account, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.