Breakfasts are held six times a year and feature prominent speakers who discuss current government and political issues. These events are free, open to the public, and broadcast by Crosswalks cable television throughout the five boroughs. Says the Huffington Post:
“Ross Sandler, a NY Law School professor, is the breakfast host. His breakfast event is the closest thing to a successor to the long-lamented City Club of New York, which played a significant role in the City of New York for more than 100 years, including in the fiscal crisis and then the mayoralty of the late Ed Koch. A moment of respectful silence for the loss of a great mayor… and another for the demise of the City Club.”
Breakfast sponsors include Consolidated Edison, Verizon, and Greenberg Traurig.
CityLaw Breakfast Schedule
- January 18, 2019 – Former Chief Judge, Jonathan Lippman. To see video click here.
- February 8, 2019 – Richard Cotton, Executive Director, The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey. To see video click here.
- March 8, 2019 – Jeremy Travis, Senior Vice President of Criminal Justice at the Laura and John Arnold Foundation. To see video click here.
- September 5, 2019 – Dr. Oxiris Barbot, Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, speaking on Measles: NYC Policy and Thoughts on Anti-Vaccine Movement. To see video click here.
- October 4, 2019 – Marisa Lago, Director, City Planning. To see video click here.
- November 15, 2019 – Bart Schwartz, NYCHA Federal Monitor, speaking on “NYCHA Challenges and Update”. To see video click here.
Click to our video archive page for more.