The Otto L. Walter Lecture is named after a distinguished alumnus of New York Law School. Speakers have included Ban Ki-moon (Secretary-General of the United Nations), Miguel de Serpa Soares (the Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and United Nations Legal Counsel), Nobel Prize winner Eric Kandel, the Director of Legal Affairs of the World Trade Organization, the General Counsel of Human Rights Watch, the first Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, and a former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury.
The 2019 Otto L. Walter Lecture: A Justice’s Reflections on the European Court of Human Rights in the 21st Century
- SPONSORS: The Center for International Law and the Institute for Global Law, Justice, and Policy
- DATE: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- TIME: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Reception to follow)
- LOCATION: New York Law School, 185 West Broadway (W301), New York, NY 10013
- CLE (no charge): 1 credit in Areas of Professional Practice (NY transitional and nontransitional)
- COST: Free
- RSVP: All guests must register here.
- This lecture is open to the public.