Download PDF Invite.
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
12:50 p.m.–1:50 p.m.
Information on how to access this virtual event will be provided via email closer to the event date.
Anthony DeRose ’21, Negotiator, HSBC
Jennifer Frank ’21, Associate, Carter Ledyard & Milburn
Sade Frazier ’21, Law Clerk, Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
Hannah Rodriguez ’21, Associate, Marks, O’Neill, O’Brien, Doherty & Kelly, P.C.
Sare Mills ’12, Director of 3L/4LE Advising
As we approach graduation, many students who do not yet have jobs are starting to worry. This conversational panel with NYLS alumni from the Class of 2021 aims to alleviate some of the stress and fear about the post-graduation job search and provide insights about the current job market and hiring timelines for entry-level attorneys. The panelists will discuss tools for organizing job search materials, tips on making networking less painful, and suggestions for managing stress and anxiety during the bar exam and post-bar exam job search.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Approach alumni and other lawyers on LinkedIn to set up informational interviews
• Identify law firms they are interested in for direct send applications
• Stay calm and avoid panic
• Effectively gather and utilize their job search resources—from their personal lives and through NYLS
• Think about the job search in the context of long-term legal career planning