New York Law School strives to foster a vibrant intellectual community where research, ideas, and scholarship are supported, embraced, and shared with the NYLS community and broader legal academy. Our state-of-the-art campus provides a podium for our accomplished faculty and leaders from the legal profession to enrich the School’s academic life, hosting many workshops on scholarship and pedagogy, annual symposia, and guest speaker series. Some annual events include:
- Global Law and Justice Colloquium: Ruti Teitel, Ernst C. Stiefel Professor of Comparative Law, Chair
- The Law, Society and History Colloquium: Professor Frank Munger, Chair
- Pedagogy Discussion Group: Professors Kris Franklin, Doni Gewirtzman, and Kim Hawkins, Co-Directors, NYLS Initiative for Excellence in Law Teaching (IELT)
- South Africa Reading Group: Professor Penelope Andrews
- Tuesday Scholarship Luncheons: Organized and chaired by members of the Faculty Workshops Committee.