The New York City Police Department (NYPD) offers a free Electronics Operation ID Program. All students are welcome to stop by this event to learn more about the program and/or register their devices.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
The program involves marking (with visible and invisible nonremovable markers) a serial number on valuable portable electronics, such as laptops and smart phones. Only the serial number and the owner’s name and address are registered with the NYPD so that if the item is stolen and recovered, it can be traced to its owner.
• Marked property is harder for a thief to sell.
• Stolen property recovered from a thief is easily traceable.
• Found property is easily identified and returned.
You do not have to reside in New York City or State to take advantage of this free service.
• Always keep personal and valuable property with you and/or secure at all times.
• Contact a security officer at 212.431.2123 if you see a suspicious person, activity, or situation.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Cafeteria, Fifth Floor