Orientation is a blend of immersive classes, programs, and social activities designed to help first-year New York Law School students acclimate to law school.
It’s an exciting, informative, and fun time. As a first-year student, you’ll get to know campus before upper-level students return full-time. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to meet the classmates, faculty, and staff who will play a role in your legal studies during the next three years.
Typical Orientation activities include these:
- Welcome from Dean and President Anthony Crowell
- Introductory classes with faculty
- Discussions with current students
- Opportunities to spend time with classmates
- Campus tours
- Explanation of student services
- Campus ID photos and help getting connected to NYLS networks and software