How to Apply
Our Admissions team is eager to work with you every step of the way. Get started by reviewing our application checklist. Note that all candidates for J.D. admission must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, or the foreign equivalent.
- Create a Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) account. All applicants must register with LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service before starting their applications.
- Prepare and register for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
- Complete an NYLS application. There is no fee to apply.
- Get ready to submit these documents with your application:
- Personal statement (two pages maximum)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (minimum one, maximum three)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended, including foreign institutions
- Supporting documents if you answered affirmatively on the character and fitness portion in the application.
Once your application is submitted and received by NYLS, you will receive an email from our office confirming receipt and providing you with information on how to check the status of your application.
You are welcome to check the status of your application at any time. All decisions will be communicated through our online status checker. If you are admitted, we will send you a separate password to access our Admitted Students section of our website.
Dates and Deadlines
Be careful and thorough in preparing your applications for admission, and plan ahead to make sure you will have all required materials before the dates below. We will consider applications submitted after these dates on a space-available basis. We evaluate applications on a rolling basis.
Visiting Student: December 1, 2023
Financial Aid: December 1, 2023
Visiting Student: April 15, 2024
Financial Aid (Continuing Students Only): March 1, 2024
J.D. First Year Admission: June 30, 2024
(Priority consideration: March 15, 2024)
J.D. Transfer Admission: July 15, 2024
Visiting Student: July 15, 2024
Financial Aid: March 1, 2024
- October 13 and 14, 2023
- November 10 and 11, 2023
- January 12 and 13, 2024
- February 9, 2024
- April 12, 2024
- June 7 and 8, 2024
Register for the LSAT online or at 215.968.1001. Be advised that there are registration deadlines for the LSAT, and a fee will be billed for late registration.